CHECK OUT THIS SPECIAL NEW VIDEO...
Greetings To Everyone,
Some of you may know we are working hard to raise awareness of the dangers families and their children in particular face each day getting on, getting off and traveling on school buses.
Our family is working to get meaningful legislation passed to increase safety for our children riding those very same buses. Though no single measure would have prevented the loss of my beautiful grand children, a combination of several pro-active steps will prevent other families having to suffer the same horrible pain and loss that my family feels today.
Please click on the link below to view our video presentation for "school bus stop arm cameras"...
Some of the items I feel should be critical to any legislation to improve safety for our children. They include, but are not limited to:
- 1). Authorizing schools across Indiana to install "school bus stop arm camera systems".
- 2). Prohibit any schools / buses from making children cross a highway to board a bus, they must pick them children up on the same side of the road.
- 3). Increase penalties for those who violate the law and blow past a "school bus stop arm" for any reason. Remedies should include: Changing violations from a Class A Infraction to a "Class A Misdemeanor.
- 4). Immediately suspend the driving privileges of any person(s) that involved in incidents where a driver blows through a "school bus stop arm" and as a result causes injury or death to any person(s), if no conviction, license may be reinstated.
- 5). Increase fines to a minimum of $250 for first Offense
- 6). Require that any driver involved in an incident resulting in injury or death of any person(s), would be required to serve 200 Hours of Community Service in a Hospital or Trauma Center.
- 7). Attend at their costs an "aggressive driving class"
- 8). Receive 8 points on their drive license if convicted.
- 9). Automatic loss of license for min. of 2 years when the failure to stop for a school bus stop arm results in injury or fatality to any person(s).
I don't claim to have all the answers, but I encourage each and every one of you to offer up your suggestions on how the laws can be created or changed to improve safety of our children when traveling on school buses. Please write us at "firstname.lastname@example.org".
Thank you to everyone across Indiana, across the United States and across the World!